CommonLit is entirely research-based. Here's what the research says:
- College success starts in middle school - the best predictor of college readiness is eighth grade literacy.
- Students learn best when texts are differentiated by reading level.
- Grouping texts by theme helps students relate what they read to their lives, and motivates them to keep reading outside of school.
- All students perform better and learn more when they discuss what they read, form opinions, and defend their claims. The effect is greater for struggling readers, English language learners, and students from low-income families.
- Students who were exposed to CommonLit in our 2014 quasi-experiment showed greater gains in student engagement than a comparison group. Read our full report from 2014