Parent Guide > Nazi Summer Camp
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Nazi Summer Camp" by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, from RadioLab.
In this transcription of the podcast, "Nazi Summer Camp", Reporter Karen Duffin discusses the lesser known Aliceville POW camp in Alabama, and the treatment of POWs in the United States at that time.
"What is fair?", "What is good and how do we know?", and "How are we changed by war?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this interview at home:
- What was "Nazi Summer Camp" about?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Morality?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: