Parent Guide > The Inca: Engineering an Empire
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Inca: Engineering an Empire" by USHistory.org.
The informational text "The Inca: Engineering an Empire" explores the impressive expansion of the Inca Empire and its eventual collapse at the hands of Spanish conquerors.
As we read, we will be discussing the themes of Justice, Freedom & Equality, Social Change & Revolution, and Technology, Progress & Industry as they relate to the text. We are trying to answer these big questions :
"What is fair?", "How do people create change?", and "What are the costs and benefits of technology?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The Inca: Engineering an Empire" about?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- What did you learn about Technology, Progress & Industry?
- Watch Top 5 Facts about Incas at home with your child.